Re: reality check: passive FTP

do you know if they have User Isolation Mode enabled??  (it didn't use to be
an option for iis 5, but I haven't used iis 5 for a long time now...so it
could have been added by a sp since I last used it)

I once had a support call with this exact same problem - unable to get
directory listing.  It was due to user isolation mode being enabled on
customer server initially and working as expected.  At a later date, the
isolation mode was manually changed by admin for his account in an effort to
access something outside of his ftp folder.  This broke his account only and
would not show directory listings after the change.  The fix was to delete
the ftp account and recreate it without user isolation mode on that
particular account.

--
Ed Wiget