Re: Tools to monitor and discover the network

Hello,

Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) a écrit (Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 04:06:05PM -0300) :
[...]
> 	I'm looking for a tool that has similar features to the
> 3Com Network Supervisor. Thanks in advance!

I don't know 3Com Network Supervisor, but concerning network
discovering and monitoring, I've heard good feedback on netdisco

  http://netdisco.org/

Testing it is on my todo list (one day...)

It is not packaged in Debian.

Colleagues said that it is painful to install, but then very
convenient and powerful. Sylvain Maurin wrote some notes to install it
on sarge :

  http://www.isc.cnrs.fr/informatique/public_notice/netdisco-install-english

Hope this helps,

--
Emmanuel Halbwachs
Resp. Réseau/Sécurité                    Observatoire de Paris-Meudon