Re: two private networks and a gateway

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006, David Bishop wrote:

I'm not, actually.  Hand-rolled iptables rules, actually.  Is there a good
'key phrase' that I can google for, that might help me out?

I'm too lazy to look up the codes myself, but basically you want to deny forwarding traffic coming in on the cafe's interface to your 10.0 network. Something like this (not guaranteed to work)

iptables -A FORWARD -i ${CAFEDEV} -d 10.0.0.0/24 -j REJECT

Of course I would start with a default of:

iptables -P FORWARD DROP

..and then add rules to accept just what is needed.