Re: Users password with MS Services for UNIX

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 02:08:16PM -0300, Luiz Felipe wrote:
> I'm trying to export the users from AD 2003 with NIS, using Microsoft
> Services for UNIX.
> I already exported, but users seems to have no password. If I change the
> password in the AD, so the synchronization happens and i can use it.
> But just if there's a password change in AD.
>
> So, anyone here has used MS SFU ? Any help?

haven't done it myself, but there's an interesting and useful howto
article[1] on authenticating linux/unix clients (using an AD plugin
called AD4UNIX[2]) against MS AD at securityfocus.com

there's no need to export or synchronise anything because the
authentication is performed directly against the AD server using the
LDAP protocol. you'll need to install the openldap client and the PAM &
NSS ldap modules on the linux machines.

[1] http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1563
[2] http://www.css-solutions.ca/ad4unix/

hope that helps.