Re: intel utility to scan luns

--On August 9, 2006 3:45:09 PM +0200 Wojciech Ziniewicz <wojciech.ziniewicz@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,
We have 2 intel chassis fulled with SBX82 blade units. Every Chassis
has a Brocade fibre channel switch connected to it. We're on our way
to set up Global filesystem (for storing application logs)  on theese
machines but first of all we have to find a utility to scan luns in
search of connected fibre channel disks.

do you know of any intel utilities for scanning luns ?

It's not an intel specific thing or not. Each of your blades does have to have a fibre channel adapter, the appropriate driver for said adapter, the switch must be configured to properly zone the elements in question. Linux 2.6 should see the new LUNs automatically but may not, you can try the rescan-scsi-bus.sh utility from the sg3-utils packages but often times I've found atleast with the Qlogic FC drivers the only reliable way to get FC Fabric Changes propogated into Linux is a reboot.