RE: ISP Level Postgrey

Hi!

Greylisting should not be CPU intensive - it's just comparing triplets
from+to+ip with database. So the problem is database itself. I don't know
BerkleyDB much, but I think 1.7GB is too much for it and then every update
takes so long.

I don't know if it's possible to get the database smaller for your amount of
mail. We receive ~20.000 messages/day and postgrey db is ~20 MB. Are you
sure the maintenance is working without errors? It should produce statistics
to syslog.

Another option for large scale sites may be rewriting postgrey (or making
your own grelisting daemon) using some real database such as mysql.

--
  bYE, Marki