Re: 15 second delay during login

also sprach Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org> [2006.07.04.1151 +0200]:
> 15 seconds is too short for a network lookup failure, I think.
> I would expect more like 30 seconds if it was that.  Is the client
> low on entropy?  It may be blocking until it has enough to
> negotiate the TLS data.

Interesting.

The only thing I could say against this is that it's very consistent
across all clients, and has been the case for several days now.

Anyway, looking at lsof output while the client blocks, all I ever
see is /dev/urandom, which does not block, right?

Also, both pam_ldap.conf and libnss-ldap.conf have

  # Seed the PRNG if /dev/urandom is not provided
  #tls_randfile /var/run/egd-pool

and /dev/urandom exists, so that's what they use.

Is there anything else you'd say I should check?

`. `'`

murphy's law is recursive.
washing your car to make it rain doesn't work.