Re: More sorbs blacklisting [signed]

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 20:06:04 +1000, "Charles Chambers [c]"
<cchamb2@qwest.net> wrote:

>my settings on SpamPal protecting my personal mail account are set to
>block according to *all* available blacklist sources ... my spam folder
>is fewer than a dozen pieces a week.

More than five is a bad week for me.  I use:

1) strict DNS checks (matching forward/reverse)

2) my homegrown sendmail access file and regex maps
   to detect and reject dynamic ip ranges, based on
   host name (works because #1 strictly enforced)

3) a few key blacklists:

dnsbl.njabl.org (,,,
sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org (,

I estimate 70% or more SPAM is stopped by #1 and #2, thus reducing the
blacklist query load.