Re: Sysklogd Rotation

if you like C, you'll get on fine with syslog-ng, it's much more work

but it's more flexible.

if all you want to do is rotate logs like this, then why don't you just add the 4 or 5 lines to logrotate to do this for you? It'll be a lot quicker than reading through the syslog-ng manual.

Hari

Andrew Miehs wrote:
Dear List,

I have added a file to my syslog config for storing local1.log. I now wanted to go about
rotating it every day, and storing 32 files (and only this file).

After looking at /etc/cron.daily/sysklogd I am starting to wonder whether this is
really sensible - or whether I should start looking at syslog-ng?!

Comments?

Thanks

Andrew