Re: mon vs nagios

Dan MacNeil wrote:
One thing giving us pause is that mon doesn't seem to have been updated in the past few years. As a practical matter this means the AIM notifier uses an out of date and no longer supported protocol.

That's the nice thing about mon, it should be pretty easy to hack on a newer notifier.

What are other people's experiences with mon?

My last job was at a network management company that sold its own in house network and system monitoring software as a service. That in itself relied on some essential services to run. We used mon to 'watch the watcher' so to speak because of its simplicity, flexibility and reliability.

Good luck,
Andy Kirkpatrick