Re: real time content filtering - is there hope?

On Thursday 25 May 2006 23:21, Richard Spindler wrote:
> 2006/5/25, Rodney Richison <rodney@rcrcomputing.com>:
> > Is there any hope at all for real-time spam/virus filtering using
> > postfix or exim? Everything I find says low volume sites only..
>
> http://dspam.nuclearelephant.com/
>
> > DSPAM has been implemented on many large and small
> > scale systems with the largest being reported at about
> > 350,000 mailboxes.
> >
> > DSPAM has been designed to run with a very short execution
> > time (between 0.01s - 0.03s real time for classification and
> > between 0.03s - 0.10s real time for training, on average
> > hardware)

We are working on implementing DSPAM here, and so far it seems pretty nice.
The other nice thing is that DSPAM can be configured to directly talk to
clamd via a port, so there is no need to add another layer to the Postfix
content filter stack.  Once you have DSPAM configured (albeit, it can be a
bit daunting) and talking to Clamd, you add about ten lines to the postfix
config, and the two of them are talking.  Really slick.

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111