Re: OT: sorbs blacklisting scam

What timing! I just set up a vps last month, and just found out the ip I was assigned is on the SORBS block list. When I looked it up in their database, their last seen date was 2004. Their policies state that they won't unblock you without payment if you were assigned a blocked ip address from your upstream provider (still waiting to hear from them). I agree their policies sound very suspicious.

The only blocklist I use is the spamhaus list. They are very reliable. The only problems I ever ran into were cases that were traced back to a customer's virus infected computer. Getting them delisted was simple, once they cleaned up the virus problem.
Peter A. Dumpert
Innovative Computer Services, LLC
The Diamond Standard of Internet Business
P: 732-683-0092 x 102 F: 732-577-9390
http://innovativebusiness.net/