Re: Questions about software RAID level 1 (how long should it take to sync, etc?)

okay, I just got to work and after doing a  cat /proc/mdstat, I see
the following:

[===========>.........]  recovery = 59.6% (94640896/158577472)
finish=672.0min speed=1583K/sec

I've googled a bit, but I can't seem to find any way to safely stop or
pause the synchronization process that was started with "mdadm --add
/dev/md0 /dev/hda1"..  Does anybody happen to know if this is
possible?  At this point, I don't mind losing all the data on the
drive that's being sync'd, but I'd rather not kill the source drive.
Thanks!

Reboot, fix your drives, and then let it re-sync. You wont lose anything on the primary.

Something is very wrong with your hardware I think. Your speed factor is off by at least 1 magnitude from what i see when I sync.

Recent motherboards with SATA drives will get speed=50000K/sec+ IIRC.

cat /proc/interrupts and see what that says - you might be getting irq problems.