De: Pete Templin [mailto:petelists@templin.org]
Enviado el: Lunes, 27 de Febrero de 2006 04:48 p.m.
Para: Pablo
CC: debian-isp@lists.debian.org
Asunto: Re: Pentium IV router vs. Cisco router

Pablo wrote:

> Yes, I will run QoS (mark packets with iptables??) and run bgp in the near
> feature, also we are just routing the traffic.

Ick.  You may want to incorporate one or more "real routers" in front of
your Debian CMTS boxes to handle BGP, at least as far as being able to
implement routing policy in a manner where you can get help, see others'
work, etc.  Trying to tweak BGP 'in the blind' is not fun - I had to do
that with Riverstone routers and it was quite a challenge.

pt