Re: Qlogic FC Multipath and engenio

I have gotten a little further in my config, and discovered that the StorageTek/ Engenio system seems to do something really strange - I don't know if this is really standard behaviour....

If I set up two luns on the raid system, one is attached to controller A, the second to controller B
on the StorageTek D240.

With D240-ControllerA, D240-ControllerB and Linux-HBA-port1 connected to one switch, I see 4 LUNs.

They get assigned to sdc, sdd, sde, sdf. Only two of these work however....

/dev/sdc1               1       34220    35041264   8e  Linux LVM
end_request: I/O error, dev sdd, sector 0
/dev/sde1               1       34220    35041264   8e  Linux LVM
end_request: I/O error, dev sdf, sector 0

Where sdc and sdd seem to be the same disk, and sde and sdf seem to be the same disk....

It seems that the RDAC driver that Engenio delivers is designed to deal with this problem...
Or have I misunderstood something? Is there a better way?

Is anyone using an Engenio based storage device without the RDAC drivers?

Thanks for you help,

Andrew