Re: spf record

Michael Loftis wrote:
I publish them for some of my personal domains, however, I don't
personally use SPF since I view it as fundamentally broken.  We can't
deploy them for (web hosting) customer records because of all of the
various SMTP and SMTP Submit blocking we run into out there they (our
customers) can't use our mail servers a lot of the time which means
that an SPF record would basically amount to a +all or ?all which
negates the whole reason.

If you only allowed SSL connections to your mail server with SMTP Auth, then what would be stopping your customers from using your mail servers? Particularly if you use POPS on 995 and SMTP on 465.

Kind Regards

AndrewM

Andrew McGlashan
Broadband Solutions now including VoIP 1300 85 3804

Mobile: 04 2574 1827 Fax: 03 8790 1224

Affinity Vision Australia Pty Ltd
www.affinityvision.com.au
www.affinityvision.net/adsl/