Re: Deep 1U cases in shallow racks

Shane Chrisp wrote:

It normally depends on the type of rack rather than the equipment being
located in the rack. Some racks I have come across have narrower rear
doors on them preventing equipment from protruding out the rear door
space. This however seems to be the exception rather than the rule.
Also, some generic rails can be cut off shorter so that only the server
itself extends past the back of the enclosure. I shouldnt imagine that
it will cause you any problems.

OK. This rack has equal width front and rear openings. I am not sure about cutting off the rails, but I guess if I end up having to do that, I will. I am guessing that based on TYAN's manual for the system, that the end brackets that attach to the rails are adjustable for position. They recommend screwing them on loosely at first and then measuring the distance between the front and rear vertical mounts before tightening the brackets on the case rails. So, I think that it will work.

Thanks for the pointer.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez