Re: Sudden increase in spam?

On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 16:08 +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> [2005.12.19.1541 +0100]:
> > I use spamassassin on my servers, but over the past week or so,
> > I've noticed a dramatic increase in spam.  Have any of the rest of
> > you noticed this?  Any clues as to what's going on, or more
> > importantly, how to block it?
>
> I've noticed something similar. Check whether the spam that gets
> through has the Spamassassin headers. Here, several spams get
> through apparently without any treatment by SA, although all
> incoming mail is fed to spamc. Maybe a bug?

I've noticed on a few occasions recently that spamassassin seems to have
stopped processing all mails. Restarting spamassassin seems to fix it. I
haven't had a hard dig to look for what causes it, but a brief glance
through logs doesn't show anything in particular.

--
Donovan Baarda <abo@minkirri.apana.org.au>
http://minkirri.apana.org.au/~abo/