Lack of groups sync

Hello all,

Recently we migrated our web/NFS server to LDAP from /etc/passwd &
/etc/group.  Ever since the migration, in which we performed a mass
purge of usernames, my boss's list of groups has been out of sync with
the rest of the usernames on the server.  For example:

me@webserver: id <boss>

returns my boss's full list of groups.

Similarly,

otheruser@webserver: id <boss>

returns the proper list of groups as well.  In this case, I've tried
root and several non-privileged users for "otheruser" -- all give the
correct list of groups.

However,

boss@webserver: id

does not return the correct list of groups.  Furthermore, 'getent group'
returns the proper list of groups, regardless of who runs it.

Can someone advise me on this?  It's not a good idea for my boss to edit
web files as root....

Addl info: we're running nscd, which I have restarted on numerous occasions.

Thanks!
John