Re: Website Backups using "rsync via FTP"

also sprach Victor Rodriguez Cortes <victor.rodriguez@valmesa.es> [2005.06.14.1235 +0200]:
> 	Is there anyway to emulate "rsync" using just ftp?

No. But you could try sitecopy instead. It usually works fine.
Alternatively, if you have WebDAV access, you could use davfs2 to
mount the site as a filesystem and then use rsync. Maybe something
similar would work with an FTP filesystem. No experience here,
sorry.

Do note that davfs2 currently has a grave security problem.

`. `'`

"... (ethik und ästhetik sind eins.)"
                                                       -- wittgenstein