Re: Multiple IP devices.

also sprach Paul Romero <paulr@rcom-software.com> [2005.05.12.0206 +0200]:
> The PPP connection is configured such that it puts a default
> route in the routing table.
>
> The problem is that I can not send TCP packets to any
> IP node except the ISP node connected to the modem.
> (i.e. The first one on the periphery of the Internet)

Show us the output of

  ip route

or

  /sbin/route -rn

> Using the socket() and bind() calls I am able to coax connect() to
> generate a TCP SYN packet with the right IP address etc. but, it
> is still sent out over /dev/eth0.

You just said they are always sent via the modem, didn't you?

> How does one force packets to be
> sent over /dev/ppp0 without bringing down
> /dev/eth0 ?

To override the source IP used (which is determined by the routing
table and destination IP), you have to do just that: use bind() to
"coax" it. Many tools (like ping, ssh, etc.) provide an option to do
this.

`. `'`

this space intentionally left occupied.