Re: Cyclades Router OS License

Hi,

is just for academic studies. I don't expect to be better than CiscoIOS or CyROS. Is just for learning. However, there's no open source router OS. The series of Cyclades that is free is not the routers.

Without know details of the hardware, i think i will give up my idea, except that anyone tell me how can i obtain some info about that ;)

I'll try another project.

Thanks for all.

Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz wrote:

Luiz Felipe wrote:

Hi list,

my firm recently purchased a Cyclades Router and i had seen that the OS
that runs into the hardware is more expansive than the hardware itself.

Cyclades' OS is a Linux. So, ins't Cyclades, by implications of GPL,
forced to publish its sources ?

I would like to make an OS for a router in my University's conclusion
work, but I don't know the internals of an Router hardware, and i think
that the only way to know this is getting the source of an OS.

Thanks for every help.

Why do you need an OS when you can have zebra (www.zebra.org) running on Linux?

--
Atenciosamente,