Re: Virtual pop/imap domains

tps@unslept.com a écrit :

I'm moving some equipment around, and trying to balance the load across
some new servers. POP/IMAP is a big part of the load. Is there any way
that anyone has set up to have non-virtual domain and virtual domain
both on one box? Say, I have the user joe. He's used to using simply
'joe' as his userid, and, that being the bulk of my users, I don't want to change that. But, for 'joe@virtual.com', I want him to use
joe@virtual.com as his userid, and not collide with the normal 'joe'.

I've reasearched myself to death on this, and have come up empty. I can't
be the only one that wants to do this...

Tim

Hi Tim,

What you can is setup virtual domains for all the domains you want joe@virtual.com, and use system accounts for all the others. You can do that by using "mydestination". Bellow is an example, taken from what setup my control panel, with some few comments added, and non revelant parts removed (project is founded here: http://www.gplhost.com/?rub=softwares&sousrub=dtc).

Regards,

   Thomas Goirand, GPLHost LLC Manager

http://www.gplhost.com
GPLHost:>_ Opensource hosting worldwide
Webspaces featuring GPL control panel
Locations in Florida and Singapore
# ------ List here all the domains you want with "joe" and not "joe@domain.com", and setup system account for joe
[...]
mydestination = localhost.localdomain, localhost.localdomain, localhost, non-virtual-domain.com
[...]

# List all your virtual domains inside the map files that are setup here

# Configured by DTC v0.12 : Please don't touch this line !

# DTC virtual configuration
virtual_mailbox_domains = hash:/usr/share/dtc/etc/postfix_virtual_mailbox_domains
virtual_mailbox_base = /
virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/usr/share/dtc/etc/postfix_vmailbox
virtual_minimum_uid = 100
virtual_uid_maps = static:65534
virtual_gid_maps = static:65534
virtual_alias_maps = hash:/usr/share/dtc/etc/postfix_virtual
relay_domains = /usr/share/dtc/etc/postfix_relay_domains
virtual_uid_maps = hash:/usr/share/dtc/etc/postfix_virtual_uid_mapping
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination

smtp_sasl_auth_enable = no
smtpd_sasl_local_domain = /etc/mailname
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_tls_auth_only = no

# End of DTC configuration v0.12 : please don't touch this line !