Re: Postfix TLS with STMP Auth

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:15:52 -0400
Theodore Knab <tjk@annapolislinux.org> wrote:

> Has anyone setup Postfix with a 'self signed' cert using STMP AUTH.

Yes, I just did this on a Sarge box, using this tutorial:
http://www.workaround.org/articles/ispmail-sarge/

> This this type of solution allows people from off-site to send email
> though the mail gateway without allowing unauthorized SPAMMERS
> from relaying stuff.

I also added port forwarding between 996 and 25 using iptables, for
clients whose isp blocks outoing port 25. Working pretty well so far.

> In conjunction with IMAPS (IMAP over SSL) (port 993), people can
> securely  use email clients off site.
>
> Currenty, I am stuck on the AUTH with LDAP over TLS part.
>
> Anybody have any exmamples, or know of any howto's ?

I am afraid I have zero experience with LDAP though. I used MySQL for
the auth backend.

HTH,
Jacob