Re: Debian based remote office support

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 09:28:47AM +1000, Donovan Baarda wrote:

> Are these net-booted diskless clients? If so I recommend having a look
> at lessdisks (in sarge), as it has a nice Debian chroot for upgrading
> the clients shared NFS root. Other alternatives like LTSP may be more
> polished, but are effectively their own distro inside the NFS root,
> making you tied to their updates, rather than Debian's.

Definitely net-booted.

Thanks for the recommendation.I setup lessdisks this weekend and was
impressed with the results.  I expect that the remote office  machines
will be net-booted off the remote office server.  Updates could
be pushed to the machine overnight via rsync and clients remotely
rebooted to the new version.

--
Simon Tennant ________________ http://imaginator.com/~simon/contact