Re: Distributing crypto work away from apache-ssl?

This one time, at band camp, Marcin Owsiany said:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 11:44:43AM -0700, Michael Loftis wrote:
> > IMAP based webmail apps are generally better at scaling and more reliable
> > in the multi-access case
>
> Yeah, _now_ we know that, but it's too late to choose another one. I
> have to support what is in production, at least for the short term.

squirrelmail is an imap based webapp, isn't it?  Or maybe I'm mixing up
threads, but IIRC that's what we were talking about.  If so, just change
the imap server to a perdition server that will proxy requests to the
right machine.

> BTW: sid's openssl seems to be 30 to 400% faster (depends on operation)
> than the woody's one, at least that's what "openssl speed" says. So I
> guess upgrading should help me a bit..

This is mostly due to cpu-specific compilation in libc6-686 and such,
which wasn't present in woody, rather than any speed change in ssl
itself.  But yes, it is way faster :)
|   ,''`.					     Stephen Gran |
|  : :' :					 sgran@debian.org |
|  `. `'			Debian user, admin, and developer |
|    `-					    http://www.debian.org |