Re: control panel

Robert Oedegaard wrote:

Hello Rodney

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:36:22 -0600, Rodney Richison
<rodney@rcrcomputing.com> wrote:
we Host a few sites and email for several domains on a T1

We like open source and it seems to fit our budget as well.
Am looking for an alternative to cpanel. Here's what I have so far.

web-cp
doesn't do postfix.  :(  And I wonder if it's the kind of developement
we need.

42g0
does postfix and has support for debian.  Comments?
It is 189.00 euro's (Don't know how much that is in US but prolly not to
far from 200.00 or so)

I've been running 42go for almost a year now and it does usually a
good job. What I did find as a problem is that it is not open source,
and it contain its own version of ClamAV, myphpadmin and other
programs, so apt-get don't upgrade those to the latest version (and
honestly, 42go don't do a good job with the upgrades either).

Yikes, I don't much like that apt-get won't work. That's muh baby!  :)

I have not tried the new beta version of 2.0, which you can run until
1. June, so you could try it out.

I hope to take advantage of the forum and avoid having to load each and every one of them to check them out.

Thank You!