Re: encryption of emails

Hello Walhalla Jens,  :-)

Am 2005-02-13 16:41:06, schrieb Walhalla:
> hi,
> has, or does anybody know, an email-gateway, that encrypts emails
> automatically?

Yes for some time but I have stoped it because it is to much stress
for the Server.

> for example the whole mailexchange between several branches of a
> company? maybe a kind of "black-/whitelist" - all mails to
> users/domains on a list will be encrypted - the rest will be sent
> unencrypted?

It is possibel.

> it is important, that this works automated, serversided and no user
> has to do (forget ;) something!

Possibel.

> and: is it possible to store incoming emails encrypted (postfix -
> Maildir), that f.e. no user with local access can read mails of another
> user on the server? when polling this encrypted emails, they should
> be decrypted automatically!

This I do not know...

> thx for any ideas & tips!

You need to write a script in perl or python, bash will work to,
which works like spamassassin where you pipe the mail through...
Take the BODY of the message, crypt it make a mime skeleton and
add the modified BODY to the originating Headers and change the

> jens

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi