Preventing users from uploading their own binaries?

Hi,

could anybody please give me a hint on how it is possible to disallow
users uploading their own statically linked binaries and execute
$anything on a server?

I am using a pretty basic woody with scponly (no ftp) and want them to
have some things like rsync, but nothing else.

It is a user account with an apache documentroot in it. So php
restrictions are set.

BTW: how do I prevent perl executing any binary on the server? Ok, I
make this another thread...

Thanks for your attention,

Peter