Re: Pop working, sendmail acting strange.

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 11:30:21PM +0000, Stephen Gran wrote:
> I highly recommend picking up a copy of the bat book if you are going
> to admin sendmail. It is a very complicated beast, and having a good
> reference makes a lot of difference.

better yet, ununstall sendmail and install either postfix or exim -
unless you're already an expert at sendmail and know exactly why you
want to use it instead of one of the better, more modern MTAs you are
much better off using postfix or exim.

(hint: except for familiarity, there aren't any good reasons to use
sendmail over one of the more modern MTAs. in fact, there are lots of
reasons to NOT use sendmail).

both postfix and exim are powerful, fast, secure mailers with very
easy to learn/understand configuration files. both have excellent
documentation available online, plus they also have published books
available if you prefer hardcopy docs. both have excellent and very
helpful user & development communities.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>           (part time cyborg)