has chkrootkit caught a problem for anyone?

Has anyone on the list ever found a rootkit using chkrootkit?

We've been running chkrootkit on all our boxes for a couple years.

We've had lots of false positives, but never (to our knowledge) a actual root kit detection.

It is at the point where we often ignore new warnings for a few days and don't bother re-checking repeated false positives.

I'm beginining to think that it we shouldn't be running it.