Re: non-interactive ftp

Phil Dyer schrieb:
but if you do it like above, won't you only have 7 days, and then it
starts overwriting? No need to rotate. I see a script doing something
like this:

actually, this "monday.tar" was an example which i wasn't really using. i was going to use

   today/etc.tar
   today/home.tar

but i like your idea - so simple too ;-)
i just have to see if my backup space can take 7days of backup, otherwise i'll have to tune the namespace of the backups (e.g. 1.tar, 2.tar, 3.tar)

thank you,
Christian.
--
BOFH excuse #257:

That would be because the software doesn't work.