Re: handling malware with ClamAV milter

How you tell the sender that the mail was infected.?!?
Normally the virus ues a fake sender adresse.

cu
gringo

Thomas Goirand (GPLHost) wrote:

Hello !

Why would you like that clamv let an infected attachment go to be delivered? There are no cases where ClamAV can be wrong, it's not at all like detecting a spam, virus has signatures that can be detected. IMHO letting the user know some virus was sent is enough...

Regards,

   Thomas Goirand

Erik Dörnbach wrote:

Hello list,

I'd like to incorporate ClamAV into our Sendmail mailsystem with milter, but I'm not fond of the way it handles malware by rejecting the infected mail as a whole. The only other option I'm aware of is letting the recipient know that someone send them an email which was rejected.

Is there a way of just removing/replacing the infected attachment with an status tag but letting the mail itself intact? Alternative ClamAV milter?

AFAIK there's some postfix thingie for ClamAV that does exactly that...

regards,

Erik