RE: Email cluster

Hello,

I think splitting functionality is the way to go and think of services
instead of servers

For the incoming SMTP service you could use MX records with the same value
to round robin between the servers. Those incoming also do the filter/spam
service.

Then you have the POP/MAP service. I think it is preferable not to use NFS
but go for a NAS or SAN. The other option is to give users a dedicated
server and limit the number of users on a server.

Outgoing SMTP is the other service. Also filter/spam on this machine would
be very handy

Regards,

Brian