Re: system status / downtime display and tracker

--On November 11, 2005 6:20:14 PM -0500 Dan MacNeil <dan@thecsl.org> wrote:

Most of the system status pages I've seen amount to a blog

We're toying with the idea of creating something more structured to
better present the info to our users and to allow us categorize incidents
so we have data to prevent problems.

Does something like this already exist?

A quick apt-cache search & google say not...

Uhm no not precisely...we use nagios, one could integrate nagios, nagios acknowledgements, and an automatically updated page from database or other sources to produce such a thing.

http://status.modwest.com/ is where we publish (selected) 'real time' status information, it's updated directly from the nagios monitoring host every five minutes or so.

HTH