Re: Recommendations for new server model?

Hi,

I saw the wiki on http://wiki.debian.org/

Wouldn't it be good to have a page there with lists of configurations that
worked with Debian? Server configurations.

The only thing even remotely like it I've found is this:
http://wiki.osuosl.org/display/LNX/Debian+on+Dell+Servers

I think a wiki based list would be really good, even including any issues
that were configured away.

> Why bother with SCSI? Get yourself a RAID1 or RAID5 based on SATA
> and save money.

I don't determine the basic configuration. The boss said SCSI raid. I'll
just be happy if I can use Debian.

> thomas-krenn.com looks pretty decent. I am going to order one with
> them, I think. IBM is just too expensive (about 200%).

I'll have a look.