Re: backup

Fredrik Steen wrote:
> Keith Edmunds wrote:
>
>>Kancha . wrote:
>>

>>>Please state which is an ideal backup sowftware to
>>>achieve this.
>>

>>"ideal" is a matter of opinion; however, I use rdiff-backup driven by
>>some scripts that do a mysqldump before the backup starts. Been using
>>this for years and it works well.
>

> Have a look at "backupninja"
> Backupninja lets you drop simple config files in /etc/backup.d to
> coordinate system backups. Supports backup with rdiff-backup, duplicity,
> and write to CD/DVD.

Even easier is if you use the "ninjahelper" program that ships with
backupninja to craft your config files.

Version 0.9.1-1 (currently in unstable, will move to testing in about
one week), has many improvements and can be used on a Sarge box without
backports.

Micah

obligatory disclosure - I package backupninja and have done a lot of
work on it.