Re: Tool for tracking origin of IP addresses?

	Hello!

	I've seen something like this in AWStats, using a module called Geo-IP
from MaxMind: http://www.maxmind.com/app/perl?rId=awstats

	There's a free version that could be enough for your needs:
 http://www.maxmind.com/app/geoip_country.

	I've used it to get some static stats from webserver logs and it seemed
to work. I can't speak about it's accuracy, as I didn't care about it.

	Bye,

PD: I replied yesterday directly to Sönke instead of replying to the list. Sorry!!

On 26 Oct 2005 at 11:12, Soenke von Stamm wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> we are trying to track where our sites are connected from. Is there
> any OSS tool/database to determine the origin (country) of an IP
> address?
>

> TIA,
>       Sönke

---