Re: Temporarily Disable IP [ANOTHER SOLUTION]

Ritesh Raj Sarraf said:
> Phil Dyer on Tuesday 11 Oct 2005 06:36 wrote:
>
>>> it does. If I could count to 4, I'd be dangerous. :)
>
> If you count to 4 _within_ sixty seconds.
> I don't think a genuine user would login 4 times withing sixty seconds.

what I was doing to test was ssh'ing from another box that i manage. ssh
gives you three login attempts before giving up. I was counting that as
3 attempts. Of course, all three of those are in the same tcp session,
so there's only one SYN packet there. duh. anyway, seems to work as
advertised. thanks. :)

--

phil