Re: Strange problem with local name resolution

Hi Paul,

thank you very much for your useful help.

Well, I've read some excellent books on linux administration, but can't
remember that this fact would ever had been mentioned...
(hope this English sentence is nearly correct ;-)

Now knowing this behavior of the host command, I *will* find the actual
cause why mysql can't connect...

Thanks again and have a good week!
Andreas

--