Help with X and SGI 1600sw

Hi Guys,

quick question:

Just installed etch on a machine at home - first time in years that I have tried to run X on a Linux box. Is there an auto-configure program better than xorgconfigure?

(That includes more monitors)

Or does anyone have the modelines that I require for a 1600sw?

My screen seems to start about 40 pixels to the left of what I can see on the screen...

Or is this a problem with my ATI 9600XT that it can't do 1600x1024 under linux....
(ALthough window drivers worked fine)....

Thanks

Andrew