Re: netserver lpr debian nightmare

Rodney Richison wrote:

I feel like I'm living in the twilight zone.
I'm attempting to upgrade to kernel 2.6 - smp. That gives me a pivot_root error and something like dev/console does not exist. Sooooo, I try a fresh install and get 2.6.8.2-386 on it. I then try to install 2.6.8.2-686-smp. I now get past the debian disclaimer and then one line that says eth0 is tp and it just hangs.. Hmm, maybe it has a problem with my 4 port intel nic?

I've got 19 of these machines, I'd like to upgrade. Ideas?

Opps, I lied. It hangs at the isc dhcp screen on the test machine. Not
the disclaimer screen.

--
Highest Regards,

Rodney Richison