Re: Areca SATA cards

Ronny Adsetts wrote:

Running it in RAID-5 mode. No complaints. The driver is GPL and in the most recent mm kernels I think. Downloaded from the Areca website, it complied out of tree straight away. There is a link on there website to a sarge install CD with the drivers included. I've see a few ML comments that indicate the driver needs some cleanup, but I've had no crashes so far.

Great to hear!

Let me know if you want any non-destructive testing run on it (and what you want run) and I'll see what I can do.

If you can, I would appreciate it. If you have any disc other than the raid set, internal or a USB2 maybe - if the raid set can write at a sustained 30MB/s, I'm happy!