Re: Using system passwords with Apache

When i said MD5 i said use digest authentication but this haven't inconvenience with SSL.

SSL/TLS is the socket/transport layer security and auth digest is a challenge-response process usig no-clear text credentials. How? The most of the web explorers can pass credentials from forms to the server either in clear text or hashed (MD5), and my propose was do it hashed.

Now, about the mod-auth-mysql and mod-auth-ldap: of course if you have't field experience you can think both methods could be complicated but in both cases is quite easy to create a table/schema, populate it with info and start authenticate.

Both works fine with posix info for virtual users, no probs ;)