SATA RAID5 PCI-X adaptor (with xor engine) other than 3ware?

Hi all,

we are running a debian/amd64 mail server which runs just fine. Only problem
is that I would like to migrate it from software/md (SATA) RAID1 to hardware
(SATA) RAID5 which wouldn't be hard if there was enough space in the case.

We usually use 3ware controllers (9500 series) without problems and I have
configured everything on a testing system with four drives, but the GX28 1U
barebone (Tyan, S2881 board) misses just two centimeters of slot length as the
SATA connectors are on the back side of the card. Without cables it would
exactly fit into the available slot space.

Here's a pic: http://www.3ware.com/products/serial_ata9000.asp

The card (9500S-4LP) is about 19cm/7.5 inches long.

Long gabble, short question:
Which are the most decent SATA RAID-5 controllers which are at most 19cm long
(better 17), sport four SATA ports to the top* side and run stable under
2.6.1x amd64 kernels (native driver/ debian maintained module)? Decent
performance is needed of course and PCI-X. Experiences?

Does anyone have experiences with this one:
http://www.areca.us/products/html/pcix-sata.htm

OSS drivers are available, but I don't like the fan. At all :-(

TIA,

       Sönke

* like this one: http://www.alternate.de/pix/prodpic/450x450/f/fpbl01.jpg
  or this: http://www.alternate.de/pix/prodpic/450x450/f/fpbd01.jpg
  or even shorter, like upto 15cm and connectors to the back side