Re: Squid accel

Ross, Chris wrote:
	I'm attempting to configure squid as an accelerator.  The part
that is complicating issues is that I would like to do the opposite of
virtual hosting.  What we want to do is combine multiple servers under
one host name.

http://public_server/application1  -->  http://server1/
http://public_server/application2  -->  http://server2/
http://public_server/application3  -->  http://server3:8080/
http://public_server/application4  -->  http://server4/app

It is my understanding that squid requires an external application to
handle this.  I am able to make squidGuard do one to one mapping but I
can not find any examples of how to configure this type of mapping.

	It appears that jesres is supposed to do this sort of thing as
well.  Would this be a better solution?  squidGuard was able to redirect
requests with little effort, a quick setup of jesred produced no joy for
me.

I use pound (http://www.apsis.ch/pound/) for this.

wim.