ADSL2+, ATM25 and Modems

Hello *,

I have for my Debian router an Fore Systems ATM25 (UTP) with a Cisco
626 modem running which suppoert only 8 Mbit.

Now I like to switch to ADSL2+ (18/1MBit) and like to know, wheter I
can continue to use the ATM25 UTP-Card and what modem should I use?

Please note, that I live in France and the modem schould worke there.

The requirement is, that the modem run very stable, so I can not use
those cheap ones from Netgear, DLink, Linksys ore something like this,
which need a hard reset all 2-3 Month.  The modem CAN be 19" too
because I use a standalone 19" System.

Thanks and nice afternoon
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi