Re: backup DHCP

Leonardo Boselli wrote:
I have 2 server in mi network that assign dynamic addresses to users.
each one has a range of addresses. This is ok for real rfandom users.
I have however a number of hosts that should receive a certain set of data
(a fixed address and a different DNS).
I have set a number of fixed address records, but keeping all in sync is
problematic. Is there a way to "include" into the /etc/dhcp3/dhcp.conf
file another file with the individual hosts data, that i can transfer
between the servers, with a different header for the two (in
alternative: can i have a conditional header, that recognize the address
of the interfaces of the server and change the address range based on it
?)

Check the `CONFIGURING FAILOVER' section of the dhcpd.conf man page