Re: setting up a pppoe server

Daniel Poulin wrote:

Alexander wrote:

Daniel Poulin wrote:

Dear List,

I know this might be slightly off-topic but I am working at an ISP an we want to setup a pppoe-server to offer new services for some of our custommers (something like a thousand). So I started looking on the net to find a software which I could install on a debian box and use this box as an acces concentrator.

Unfortunately the only software I've found is rp-pppoe from roaring penguins and in the doc there is a statement saying that : "pppoe-server is meant mainly for testing PPPoE clients. It is not a high-performance server meant for production use."

I dont know about thousand clients , but in kernel mode it working quite fine.
maybe this will help you.
http://wrath.geoweb.ge/pppoe-server.html

So I was wondering if somebody could give me any pointers on what software/hardware I should use to do that.
 Kind regards,
P.S. Sorry for my bad english

Hi,

Thank for the information. May I ask with how much clients you are using this ?

Thanks

while only 30 :)
I could not find any other variants for linux .
there are pppoe server for freebsd , maybe it will work better .