Re: Website Backups using "rsync via FTP"

El Martes, 14 de Junio de 2005 12:35, Victor Rodriguez Cortes escribió:
> 	Hello!
>
> 	I have an external website that I must backup everyday. It has around
> 350MB of data, so I would like to use something like rsync to reduce my
> internet bandwith use, but I only have ftp and web access.
>
> 	Is there anyway to emulate "rsync" using just ftp?
>
> 	Thanks!
> 	Víctor.

Hi

What about lftp?
I'm using some scripts using lftp to make backups and it saves me a lot of
traffic
lftp uses timestamps and file size to select files to upload or download
"
lftp -c 'open site; user username password; \
lcd WEB; cd htdocs; mirror -Rev'
"
this script only will upload files who have changed
and this other:
"
lftp -c 'open site; user username password; \
lcd WEB; cd htdocs; mirror -ev'
"
will download only files who have changed

Warning: make some test before using it on prodution environements if you make
some mistakes in the configuration you can sincronize using your blank
directory as a master...... ;P

good luck
Usuario Linux Registrado: 257202
http://perso.wanadoo.es/elsotanillo (en construcción)